Monday, October 10, 2011

WHO ARE YOU

It took me a long time to come to terms with the person that I am.  I thought that so many irrelevant things defined who I was, things like clothing, other materialistic goods and even other people.  I was so wrapped up in what others thought until I privately begin to embrace the person that people said I was. I was wasting so much time embracing a person that didn't exist instead of loving who this body housed.  In the midst of all this, I learned something very valuable, there is a big difference between embracing something and loving it.  When you embrace something, you take hold of it.  You hold it close to you, for whatever reason but that doesn't mean you love it.  Now when you love something, you have profound feelings for it, you have the strongest form of affection for it.  You can embrace something and not love it, with ease but it is hard to love without embracing it.   When I was embracing the person others said I was, I was not at all loving the true me.  It took me going through life trials to begin to truly love and embrace the real me.  I literally looked in the mirror one day and asked myself, "WHO ARE YOU".  I then made a list of all of the characteristics that I possessed and begin to exhibit those things.  Yes I was talked, laughed at and lied on, hell I still am.  However, now that I know who I am............. I could care less!!!

So I ask you my full figured diva's, who are you?  Are you that fat insecure chick that is willing to settle?  Are you less of a woman because you have more to love?  Are you just a waste of a pretty face?  Are you some lazy heifer sitting around letting the world pass you by?  WHO ARE YOU?  I will tell you who you are, you are that person that lives within you.  That smart, intelligent, fun loving, kind, important person.  You are not those wide hips, big boobs and butt, but you should love them because they are a part of you.  Never allow others to define who you are because they are probably defining what they see instead of who you are.  Do you know how many people seem to be one thing but are really something totally different? I will tell, millions!!!   Looks are deceiving, so let your actions define you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment