Friday, July 26, 2013

NOT A DAY GOES BY.......

Seven years ago today, I lost my best friend/sister, Shannette Perkins Elijah.  She was an amazing person and a loving mother.  We had a friendship that began when we were 9 years old and will last eternally.  Our friendship is a great example of many of the things that I speak on all the time.  We didn't always agree on things and there were times when we would argue and/or get mad with one another.  However, we never loved one another any less.  There were periods when we were too busy to talk to each other on a daily basis but when we did it was as if nothing had changed.  There was never a time that she needed me that I didn't come to her aid and vice versa.  We loved one another and no matter what happened we knew that and we always let that guide our friendship.  We had so much fun together, there was never a dull moment and there was never any jealousy or competition.  We never felt indifferent about friends that we obtained along the way because we knew that nothing would ever come between what she and I shared and even in death, this holds true.  I have other friends whom I love with all my heart and consider my sisters but she remains in her special place in my heart.  It is so amazing to me that after 7 years, it still hasn't got any easier.  TO CONTINUE READING, CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK.  http://www.phatgirlfresh.com/#!fresh-life/cute

No comments:

Post a Comment