Friday, November 22, 2013

ROCK N ROSESE HAIR AND FASHION SHOW


Sherrie Walters-Aaron and the Cover Me Gorgeous team hosted a hair and fashion show in Columbus Georgia on Sunday, November 17, 2013.  I must admit, I was not sure what to expect because I have attended quit a few shows and some of them were garbage.  Maybe garbage is too harsh of a word but it is exactly what I mean.  LOL!!!!!!

When I arrived at the venue, the setup was great!!!  Things looked very nice and classy.  The V.I.P area was actually a nice exclusive setup with labeled tables and gift bags.  The runway was long and elevated so that the general admission audience was able to enjoy the show as well.  The vendors were aligned so that as you entered you had to pass them which is extremely important.  Another plus was that the show actually started on time, which is very rare.

Although I think that the host (rapper Rasheeda) and her co host could have done a better job of keeping the momentum going, the D.J was the bomb.com.  I don’t know if he was given a playlist but he kept the energy high.   Whoever was in charge of the show’s order did a good job of spacing things so that the experience was enjoyable.  The fashions were okay, but I must admit I expected a little more from Columbus.  What I loved most was the performance by songbird Tocarra and the Cover Me Gorgeous Curves segment.  Before the scene was introduced, poet Grande blessed the crowd with a poem that celebrated the beauty of PHAT GIRLS.  I LOVED IT!!!!!  This is something I have been trying to incorporate into a show for the longest time.  From the time Grande walked off the stage the energy was high and I was pleased to see one of the Faces of Fresh, Erica Elise WERKING!!!! 


During her closing remarks, I recall Sherrie saying that this was her first event.  That was a surprise to me because she did something that a lot of fashion show vets can’t do.  She put on a successful show without incident and it was standing room only.  She also announced that she will be having another event in April.  I am excited because I think that I am going to inquire about having PHAT GIRL FRESH be a part of the event.  HATS OFF TO SHERRIE WALTERS-AARON, YOU ROCKED!!!!!  TO VIEW MORE PHOTOS FROM THE EVENT CLICK THE LINK BELOW 


No comments:

Post a Comment