Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The P.H.A.T girls guide to FRESH... Skin care

A lot of people ask about and compliment my skin. They want to know how I maintenance it and what products I use. I am often told how nice and clear it is, and they are correct.Honestly, most of it is genetics, I can't say that I faithfully use anything other than water. I do use Ambi's Coco butter soap to wash my face when I have worn makeup, sometimes. I have only had acne once that I can recall. Well, I have only had serious acne once, now I will have a pimple here or there but never any thing major. My mom and my grandma have beautiful dark skin, and I can't ever remember seeing either of them with pimples. Another thing is my food intake, there are certain things I don't eat. The one major acne outbreak I had, got me a trip to the dermatologist. The dermatologist told me to stay away from certain food( chocolate and soda), and I did just that. I was 16 years old then but that has stayed with me to this day. Call me crazy, maybe even vain but I had no desire to be walking around looking like a spotted owl. Since I have been a makeup artist, I have felt obligated to become educated on skin. I have learned about and tested different products so that I can effectively recommend products to my clients. It is important to protect your skin no matter what product you use because if you don't look good..... I don't look good.

One natural mixture that I love and use one a week is a combination of lemon, honey and baking soda. The baking soda cleanses and exfoliates. The honey softens and moisturizes. The lemon fades blemishes and evens out the completion. I add a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of baking soda to a bowl and mix it into a paste.  I then cut a lemon in half, squeeze it a little and then rub it in the honey/baking soda paste. After that I rub it on my face, using all of the paste and using the lemon like a face cloth. I allow it to stay on my face about 2 minutes and than I rinse it with cold water. You will be amazed by the results.

For more information, follow this link.... 
http://www.livestrong.com/article/296959-what-are-the-benefits-of-lemon-juice-on-the-skin/

No comments:

Post a Comment