Thursday, January 12, 2012

STEWARDS/STEWARDSHIP

  I know (I am sure you do too) that God gives us certain jobs to carry out throughout the course of our lives. This is called being a steward, which is something that we all are.  In short basic terms, a steward is a person this is in charge of something.  Stewardship is the act of managing those things which you are the steward of.  Whether it is our children, money, house, job, etc., God blesses us with these things and he expects us to care for them in the right manner.


I was motivated to write about this after church on Sunday.  However, life has had me all wrapped up, so here I am on Thursday.  Well on Sunday, the Pastor stated that, "everything that God gives us to manage..... we must give an account for"!!  He even went so far as to make it personal and say, "women, that includes your looks".  I really agree and It made me think about all the things that God has made me a steward of.  My children, my education, my money, all of my gifts(writing, speaking, artistry and beauty, just to name a few) and even my looks.  Now the truth is, when it come to my children, I am Thebestmotherever.org/edu but there are other things that I could defiantly work on.  I know that so many times I look at the entire puzzle instead of all of the tiny pieces it take to make the entire puzzle.  I am very glad that I heard this because it made me access  who I am and the things that I should be doing.  I am a person who receive any and everything that is going to make me better so you know that I am in gear.


However, I want you to get in gear too!!!  Think about all of the things that you have stewardship over, can you give a good account of all of them?  I mean are you doing right by your blessings? Are you a good parent?  Do you do your job with pride?  Are you a good steward over your finances?  These are all questions that you must ask yourself and answer honestly.  If you see that there are areas in which you can improve..............  please do so!!  The fact is non of us are perfect but you can improve and strive to be better.  One thing that I know about change, it begins with you......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment