Wednesday, March 20, 2013

PAM CHATMAN


If you have been reading my blogs, you should be aware that March is Women's History month.  I have made an effort to spotlight different women on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.  However, for what ever reason I have neglected to publish them in my blog.  So here I am!!!  I recently had the pleasure of coming in contact with a woman that made history in the field of media.  From the moment we connected, it was an instant connection and I really enjoy our conversations.  She stated, "people never expect me to be as down to earth as I am" and she is right.  During one of our conversations, I told her, "I have never been to Mississippi".  Her response to me was, "oh, you coming" and guess what I believe that she will make it happen. I am excited about the journey that she and I are about to embark on and I am giving you fair warning that is going to be major. She is an amazing woman and I take pleasure in being able to say I now have a relationship with her; A woman who has rubbed elbows with the likes of Oprah Winfrey and other major players and a legend in her own right!



The lovely curvy diva that I am speaking of is Ms. Pam Chatman. Ms.Chatman, who has been labeled the 'Oprah of the South', is currently the Managing Director of WABG 6's News Department, a position that landed her the acclaim of being the first African American female to hold such a position. Published author, poet, CEO and founder of Empower U Mentoring Organization and creator of several lines of cosmetics, Pam Chatman, is no stranger to success.  Most importantly, Pam is no stranger to hard work and reinvesting in her community.  Pam's hard work and dedication to and for the state of Mississippi has not gone unnoticed.   In 2008 to commemorate Pam for her success as an African American woman both statewide and nationally,Pam Chatman day was declared a statewide holiday by the Mississippi  legislature. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment