Friday, September 13, 2013

Phat Girl Friday......... Elise Micomyiza

Well as you all know today is Phat Girl Friday.  Although I have had a trying week and a busy day, here I am.  I have to tell you, initially I was going to write and feature someone else but evidently God had other plans.  Now I don’t claim to be the Holiest person but I know and love God.  I know that he has shown me far more favor then I deserve.  Last night was no different.  I received an email from a young lady named Elise Micomyiza, and after reading the message, I was in tears but empowered all at the same time.  I wasn't sure what she wanted me to do with it or why she had chosen to share it with me but I am grateful.  I have long known exactly what my assignment from God was, and every day, my desire is to operate in that.  Which is why is automatically knew that Elise’s story needed to be shared.  There are people (not just plus size women) who need to read this.  Trials, triumph, courage and love for other; all things that make Elise Micomyiza……… PHAT GIRL FRESH

My name is Elise Micomyiza born 24 may 1990 in Africa in a small country Rwanda which is in central Africa and known for the 1994 genocide. My dad was a bus driver and owned garage and my mother was a veterinary and a business woman.  I lost my parents/brother and sister during the 1994 war Hutus against Tutsi...I was the only survivor in my family.  After the genocide I lived with my aunt who adopted several children that had the same situation...  Growing up wasn't easy after the war, I had to do everything by myself I never fitted any were even though I was adopted I felt lonely. But I always had a smile and time to make other laugh and be happy. As young I was interested a lot in everything that was entertaining.  at home when my adoptive parents weren't there I was there entertaining visitors making them laugh I always had jokes, my mom always called me to entertain people; neighbors knew me, everyone thought I deserved to work on TV. When I went in high school we moved in Madagascar a big island very beautiful lovely and nice people, 2009 I decided that I had to come here in Canada and fulfill my dreams, I never really knew what I wanted I only knew it would be entertaining whatever I would do...I worked for Rogers in Montreal then moved to Ottawa where I was working for a Canadian designer Nelly.  When I started to work for her I figured that I did want to work in fashion industry I had tried casting for L’Oreal but didn't work out until I applied for the weight is over and I was lucky enough to model at mambo restaurant in Ontario when they organized a fashion show 2013 and met Stephanie the designer of sexy plus who invited me to Toronto a very nice lady down to earth and I was amazed working with her.  So then I decided to register at Richard Robinson where am attending haute couture 3 year diploma to become a designer....in the future am looking forward to become a famous model/designer/actress...I believe life is short, there is a reason I survived and lost my family and the reason why am still here, so I don't live to regret I live to make a difference and to encourage everyone around the world that there is always a reason for everything.  To view more pictures of  Elise Micomyiza click the following link, http://www.phatgirlfresh.com/#!fashionably-fresh/cnec

No comments:

Post a Comment